For most users, we recommend to use the latest release version of ESPResSo . It contains the best-tested code and stable features and it is easy to compile.
4.2 (Latest release April 18th 2023)
- Download espresso-4.2.1.tar.gz (12.8 MB)
- Release Notes
- clone from GitHub via
git clone --recursive --single-branch -b 4.2 https://github.com/espressomd/espresso.git
- or try it directly in your web browser with Binder (direct link and detailed instructions)
Please consider subscribing to our mailing list if you’re using ESPResSo in production, as we occasionally need to get community feedback when making decisions on the future of specific features/methods in upcoming releases of ESPResSo . You’ll also get up-to-date information on bugfix releases.
- Find the latest development code of ESPResSo on GitHub or directly
git clone --recursive -b python https://github.com/espressomd/espresso.git
- Gitpod users can also try it directly in the web browser (direct link and detailed instructions)
- Note that although many features are continuously tested, we recommend to use the latest stable release for production simulations.
- If you are planning to develop new features, please contact us.