ESPResSo is mainly developed and maintained by the staff of the Institute for Computational Physics (ICP) at the University of Stuttgart, Germany. Also see the contributors page on GitHub.
- Christian Holm, Project leader
- R. Weeber, Maintainer, Core developer
- J.N. Grad, Maintainer, Core developer, Website
- A. Reinauer, Maintainer, Core developer
- I. Tischler, Developer, Website
- P. Kreissl, Developer
- C. Lohrmann, Developer
Until 2010, ESPResSo was maintained and developed mainly at the theory department of the Max-Planck-Institute for Polymer Research in Mainz, Germany, under the supervision of C. Holm.
Former core developers: Bernward Mann († 2006), Christoph Junghans, Hans-Jörg Limbach, Torsten Stühn, A. Arnold, O. Lenz , S. Kesselheim, G. Rempfer, H. Menke, F. Weik, K. Szuttor.