The ESPResSo team is proud to announce that we have just released version 3.2.0 of ESPResSo !
During the last year, we have on the one hand removed a bit of cruft from the old code, but on the other hand, a number of interesting new features have been added to the software. Here we name just the major features:
- An immersed boundary code allows to simulate extended flexible objects in a LB fluid.
- The feature CATALYTIC_REACTIONS models a simple chemical reaction: when a particle of the reactant type comes into the vincinity of a particle of the catalysator type, the reactant is transformed into a particle of the product type.
- The feature GHMC implements a generalized hybrid Monte-Carlo thermostat.
- The feature GRANDCANONCIAL provides functions for grandcanonical simulations.
- When using ROTATION_PER_PARTICLE, it is possible to turn on or off rotational degrees of freedom for the different particles.
For a complete list of the changes in the release, please refer to the file NEWS. If you find a bug in the release, please report the bug here.
We recommend all users of ESPResSo to update to the new release as soon as possible. With the release of 3.2.0, we will not provide further updates to the ESPResSo 3.1 branch.