For most users, we recommend to use the latest release version of ESPResSo . It contains the best-tested code and stable features and it is easy to compile.
Note that although a few Linux distributions provide binary packages of ESPResSo , they should be only used for the first contact with the software. Serious users should always compile their own code of ESPResSo , as this will result in the best performance.
3.3.1 (Latest release)
- Released on 2015-09-01.
- Read the NEWS file
espresso-3.3.1.tar.gz(19 MB, gpg signature).
espresso-3.3.1.tar.xz(12 MB, gpg signature).
- Find the latest development code of ESPResSo on github or directly
git clone https://github.com/espressomd/espresso.git
- If you want to use the development code of ESPResSo , we recommend that you get the code as described in the Developer’s zone.
- Alternatively, you can also get a source .tar.gz of the latest development code from our build server.
- Before you do that, you might want to read the NEWS file of that code.
- To get started, you should have a look at the Documentation area.
- If you have problems to get ESPResSo running, you can look for an answer on the FAQ.
- Furthermore, you should consider to subscribe to one or more of our mailing lists.
Older releases of ESPResSo can be found in the Savannah download area.