Before reporting a bug
Before you start reporting a bug, please check the following first:
- The bug database is intended for bugs that occur in release versions of ESPResSo only! For bugs in the current development version, please write to the developer mailing list.
- If you are not sure that what you have found actually is a bug or a feature, please don’t hesitate to write to the user mailing list. If after discussion on the mailing list you are convinced that it is a bug, please report the bug to the bug database.
- Query the bug database whether the bug has already been reported.
- If you are still convinced that you have found a bug, then go ahead:
Report the bug!
Reporting a bug
To help us finding the bug in the code, please provide the following information:
- In what component of ESPResSo did you find the bug?
- In what version did you find the bug?
- Please give a telling Summary of the bug.
- Please give all possible information that you can provide, but at least the following:
- The ESPResSo script that failed
- All relevant error messages
- The file
myconfig.hppthat you used